Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Picture Perfect Party Linky #30

Last Thursday was Amanda's 5th Birthday and on Sunday was mine.
You can imagine that I was quite busy. Thankfully, Hubby helped
a whole bunch. He even made me breakfast in bed for my birthday!

Amanda chose an Ariel themed party. She wanted Ariel in her pink dress,
not Ariel as the mermaid. This was inspired by the birthday invitations
that she chose at the shop. I'll share a few photos of Amanda's big day
and the links to the Princess Cake recipe that I used.

Also, Cathy Kennedy made a very interesting, fun,
fact-filled post for my birthday.
Give her some love and check it out!

The morning of Amanda's birthday.

The Ariel cupcakes that I made.
The tiny roses were store bought.









I made a marshmallow fondant, but I accidently mixed in too much icing/powder sugar, so that the fondant was dry and not pliable. It was my first time making it and working with it. Hubby saved the day by making the cake look good despite the drama with the fondant. I used this YouTube video and this cake recipe. The cake was delicious! I'll share the marshmallow recipe on my next post.

Now on to my blog hop...



Amanda’s Books and More


Here's your chance to link up your Wordless Wednesday (with or without words)
or any picture post at this Picture Perfect Party Linky (P.P.P.L.)! Come join me
(Tina @ Amanda's Books and More) on this fun and easy blog hop!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


If you're interested to be a guest co-host
on my Wednesday hop or my Saturday hop,
please send an email to:
morleychristina[at]gmail[dot]com


I would love for you to follow me on Google Friend Connect
and also on


Leave me a comment with a link and I will follow back!


Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow me. Please leave a comment so that I can follow back (as long as your blog is family friendly).
  • Link-up your post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like. Make sure you let them know that you’re following through this P.P.P.L. hop, tell them how you are following them and add your URL to the message, so they can follow back.
  • Grab the button below and add it on your post or on your side-bar, so that we can spread the word and get more people to the party.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.


The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a blog hop.

8 comments:

  1. How exciting! Beautiful Princess Party for a Beautiful Princess! Love that cake! Happy birthday, little one. :)

    Diana @ Nanny to Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling Little Miss's next birthday will be a princess birthday party. Party looks like it was a huge hit.

    Sara
    The Hickman Five
    www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pink birthday to remember forever! My favorite theme as a child was Strawberry Shortcake. :D

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Pink Gerbera Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful birthday!!!

    Thank you for hosting WW with a linky, I have a linky on mine as well if you'd like to visit ;) http://su.pr/991Kl6
    and there's a giveaway linky on it with thousands of dollars in prizes already! ;) http://su.pr/30tk9N see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but it wouldn't open up the comments box for me. I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy. The pics of your "baby" are cute! My 5 year-old is also still my baby. Thanks for visiting and leaving a sweet comment on Amanda's Books and More!

      Delete
  6. This is the most beautiful little girl's birthday party I've ever seen! Such a beautiful little daughter too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos you have shared, she looks so happy! I am stopping by to invite you to
    Sunday Collective Social Party w/Linky
    Come read about the trip I am taking to China. Have a great weekend, Karren

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena