Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Visiting the Cemetery in Vienna and a Linky

In English: In gratitude for our deceased friends and patrons...





Samantha and Amanda


In the background: my brother and my mom


We just got back from a small family reunion with relatives on the von Schwarzbek side of the family in Vienna, Austria. The event was to lay my Opa's ashes to rest in the family plot at the Hietzing Cemetery. If you're familiar with the famous painter, Gustav Klimt, he's also buried there, among other people of note. We have a permanent plot there with the first family members dating back to the 1800s. The words at the top of the gravestone are written in German and say, "The resting place of our good and unforgettable parents and their families." We had to get back for Amanda's third school term and missed the actual burial, but we did visit the cemetery before we left. The last two photos were taken by other family members.

I've been sharing a few photos on Instagram, and I'll be adding more. Below is a peek at St. Stephen's Cathedral. If you visit my account, you'll also see pics that I posted on another day taken inside the cathedral. It was amazing coming up the escalator from the underground subway to see this cathedral towering above us upon our arrival in Vienna. We were staying in an apartment only a couple of minutes away on foot.

***************************



***************************

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!

I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link up any family-friendly post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it to your linked post or blog's sidebar.
  • And, I'd love it if you could share about this hop on social media.
The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*********************

*** If you want to comment, please ensure this page's permalink loads as http and not https! My blog is hosted by Blogger, which uses cookies to improve your browsing experience, and it's best viewed in Google Chrome. ***

*********************

5 comments:

  1. What neat photos! I hope you had a wonderful time reuniting with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sp Kingstown new property new like loction wonder proposing new good loction unit requests if you require additional facilities. Looking new most class amenities in your luxurious project! Sp Kingstown good time is the best place to find luxury apartments.
      https://www.apsense.com/article/sp-kingstown-premium-residential-hadapsar-annexe-area-of-pune.html

      Delete
  2. It must have been a very emiotional trip. I'm visiting Vienna myself in October.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love old cemeteries and cathedrals. What beautiful photos. And how lovely that you were able to make the trip to lay your Opa to rest.


    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena