Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father’s Day: In Honor of the Father of Our Children



Tomorrow is Father’s Day. In these last few months that I have been blogging on my own sites and following other mom bloggers, I have come across moms who are happily married and whose husbands take an active role in their children’s lives. This is always wonderful to hear. Sadly, this is not the case for everyone. I’m sure that there are many mom bloggers who will not be making Father’s Day crafts with their children, simply because the fathers of their kids are absent. To these moms and their kids I wish them a creative way to spend the day, so that it’s memorable. And if the dad is absent by choice, God the Father is not.

"If my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will take me up" (Psalm 27 :10 NIV).

Today, I want to honor the father of our children. He often does homework with them in the evenings. Every day he helps with driving them to where they need to be. He’s not an absent father, but a very present one and he enjoys being around his kids.

Here is an entry from my journal dated July 14, 2011: Robbie said with a heavy voice, “Today was one of my toughest days.” And then he added in a lighter tone, “But I enjoyed Amanda!”

The funny thing about that entry is that it is the only one in my nice, hard-cover journal. Yep, it’s blank inside except for that one! Writers should keep journals, but I haven’t in years. I would say that this blog is my new journal.

He has a blog called Real Church Life (church beyond the four walls). I came on board and share the site with him, but it’s where he does most of his writing. Today I chose “Do What You Can Do” as a post by him to recommend to my readers. It’s a quick read on the topic of Bible study with a link to his Bible Coaching web site.

Related posts:














18 comments:

  1. Hi Christina, I love these photos. A doting Daddy and his girl, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Amanda does get all the love showered on her from us. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! Have a lovely Sunday!

      Delete
  2. what beautiful pictures!! they are so blessed to have each other!! I could see why she would bring joy on a tough day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She helps keep us in a good mood! We really aren't the perfect family and these photos might make it look that way. We have our moments, hopefully more good ones than bad ones! :)

      Delete
  3. Those pictures are lovely. My husband is the same kind of father and I am so very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to have loving fathers and I'm glad to hear that your husband is one too. Enjoy the week ahead!

      Delete
  4. wonderful post. I never really thought about all of the kids without dad. I love that you had the idea of celebrating it with the Love for our heavenly Daddy, God the Father! I love the pictures, you both are very lucky to have such a loving spirit filled man in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I meant you all, not you both. I know you have 4 children :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed your post and shared it on Google+ and got a +1 from someone I don't know, so maybe it blessed another person too!
      Blessings to you and your family!

      Delete
  6. Followed you from She Writes. Very sweet! Love the line about if dads are absent by choice, God the Father is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I've just been to your blog. I would love to follow yours. Do you have Google+ or some other way that I can follow?

      Here's 7 things about me at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com/2012/06/7-things-about-me-that-you-probably.html

      God bless!
      Tina

      Delete
  7. Following along from Naptime Review. Your post reminds me of a verse I read just last night, Psalm 68:4-5 about God being a "father to the fatherless.."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got you now on Pinterest, FB and Twitter! I love that verse too. It's perfect for this post!

      Blessings,
      Tina

      Delete
  8. I love this post!! I found you on the mom's mingle and am so happy to be your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I think you are now following 3 of my blogs. :) I hope you are blessed with every visit! I'm also following you.

      Wishing you lots of God's love,
      Tina

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the follow! I'm following back!

    Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great daddy! Thanks for sharing! Following from Exposure 99% Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! I am now following back. You might like my blog based on me e-book Happy Moms, Happy Homes. It is non-fiction, but there are bits about me and my family woven in to the spiritual teaching.

      God bless!
      Tina

      http://happymomshappyhomes.blogspot.com

      Delete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena