Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Few Days with Grandma

Girly Comments & Graphics
Recently, I wrote that Amanda went to her grandma’s house for a few days. It was a special treat, just her with her Nanna at the beach.

One day, the two of them went to see Amanda’s great uncle, her Nanna’s brother. While there, she played hide-and-seek with his dog. She was told that if she hid the dog’s toy duck, he would find it and bring it back.

Amanda eagerly went and hid the duck. Then she whispered in her Nanna’s ear where she had put it. Her grandma laughed and said, “You don’t need to whisper. The dog can’t understand you.”

Amanda thought it over and then, deciding to trust her Nanna's wisdom, said it out loud, “I hid it behind the couch.”

A moment later, and the dog came back with the duck. Amanda, clearly upset, exclaimed, “You see! He did understand!”

My mother-in-law shared this story with us. I hope it gave you a laugh as it did us.

You can see two adorable pictures of Amanda with her grandma on my post “Missing My Girl.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia! I try to mix my posts, sometimes they are lighthearted and other times I write about the heavier issues of life.

      Have a great week!

      Tina

      Delete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena