Friday, April 15, 2016

The Rainbow Nation and More with Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #170!


This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to see them at their best!


My son is in his second year at university in the Eastern Cape. It's a 12 hour bus ride from our home in the Western Cape. One of his subject choices for this year is Xhosa, the second most spoken language (by mother tongue) in the country with Zulu being first. Afrikaans is third and English is fourth. My son's mother tongue is English and he had to learn Afrikaans as an additional language at school, as is the case with his sisters. I'm proud of him for wanting to learn an African language and he chose Xhosa, because it is spoken by many in the Eastern and Western Cape.

South Africa is referred to as the Rainbow Nation, a term coined by Archbishop Desmond Tutu after South Africa's first fully democratic election in 1994. It is one nation made up of many peoples, a variety of cultures and traditions. There are 11 official languages and a range of skin tones from ebony to sunburnt pink.

My husband recently watched a TED Talk by Angélica Dass where she speaks about her photography. It just so happened that Hubby mentioned it today without knowing that I had been planning today's post on the subject of our Rainbow Nation. Her photos are of different people from all over the world and she matches their skin tones with Pantone colors. I don't have permission to share her photos here, so I used one of my own, but I did find a great link featuring her work that is worth a peek on iGNANT. Be sure to check it out!

Amanda's 6th Birthday Party

*********************

My Latest Book Reviews:

Whispers of Trees
with $50 Giveaway!


Ninja and Bunny's Great Adventure
with $20 Giveaway
and other exciting prizes!


*********************


Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link-ups I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena