Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Married 25 Years and a Linky


Last week we celebrated our 25th Anniversary! Hubby surprised me with flowers, red wine, Lindt chocolates, and a dainty necklace with pearls on a silver chain. He made sure to give me something silver for our silver anniversary! I'm wearing the necklace in the photo below. He also wanted to buy traditional roses and went to a couple of stores, but none of them looked all that fresh. I’m glad he bought the proteas instead. They’re stunning and they last longer. There are different varieties of proteas and you can see 2 types in the bouquets below.

Our kids also spoiled us! Jessica made savory crêpes for breakfast with Samantha's help. They were filled with spinach, mushrooms, chopped hardboiled eggs, and a little bit of sour cream. There were some cinnamon and sugar filled ones too.

Amanda baked us an Oreo cheesecake all by herself! She used Preppy Kitchen's recipe. It was her first time trying her hand at piping and she did really well. She also made us the creative card that I featured below.

Our main meal was an afternoon braai (BBQ). We had steak, lamb chops, and pork ribs, enough meat to last us a few days! If you're wondering, that's sweet potato wrapped in the aluminum foil. We had great weather, a sunny winter day with no wind. We’re still on lockdown here in South Africa, so we made the most of it at home.

What did I do for our anniversary? I made a card for Hubby and we’re sharing the wine and chocolates. 😄












***************************

Here's a peek at
my latest post
on 1camera1mom:

Snow-Capped Mountains and Other Photos



***************************

My Latest Book Post:


Elphie Meets the End of the World
A tender story for parents with fearful kids.

Elphie Meets the End of The World (Elphie's Books Book 4) by [Hagit R. Oron, Or Oron Misgav]

***************************

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!

I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up any family friendly post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • And, I'd love it if you could share about this hop on social media.
The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter



*********************

*** If you want to comment, then please make sure this page's permalink loads as http and not https! Also, my blog is hosted by Blogger, which uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. And, it's best viewed in Google Chrome. ***

*********************

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena