Friday, August 28, 2015

It's All in the Mind with Weekend Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #141!

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to view them larger.


Once a week, I have the pleasure of choosing videos for the level 5 English class at YWAM (Youth With A Mission) as I have them for one hour a week for "Listening." The topic this week was, "It's all in the mind."

One of the videos that I chose was from Jacob Barnett on TEDxTeen titled, "Forget what you know," with the subtitle, "The wisdom of not knowing."

Here are a few points that I got from watching this video: 

* Traditional learning does not help us to think for ourselves.

* We learn best when we learn in our own unique way, not accepting everything that is already out there - the straight facts that get told to us.

* We need to stop learning and start thinking in our own unique perspective, which leads to creating.

Check out this fun video by an autistic boy who looks at numbers and problems in his own unique way and be inspired to see things differently!

By the way, the comments below the video have a lot of derogatory statements about how he moves and laughs, but everyone must remember that he is not a typical boy, but an autistic boy who has overcome great obstacles to be speaking in front of an audience. Hasn't everyone seen "Rain Man" the movie?



*********************

My Previous Post:
Wildflowers
We're heading into spring here in South Africa
and wildflowers are popping up everywhere.


*********************

Last Weekend's Post:
Gender Equality
Will our daughters be given the same
opportunities as our sons?


*********************


Blog Buttons


*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on
I'm also now on Instagram!

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!

Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena