Tuesday, December 3, 2019

An Expat Thanksgiving and a Linky


We try to do something special every Thanksgiving, but since it's not a holiday celebrated in South Africa, we often have to compromise. We invited our neighbor and she said it was her first Thanksgiving. Our son couldn't make it, becaus he was working. Also, this year we were having a heat wave and so we decided to eat only cold food. That meant that we roasted the turkey the night before. Also, my husband said there was only one brand of turkey at the grocery store, so next year we'll try a different grocery chain store to see if they offer a better option.

The decorations were all brought over by my mom two Christmases ago when she and my stepdad were visitng from the States. My husband is the South African side of our family and he's a real star! When I got home from last minute grocery shopping early Wednesday evening with the girls, the turkey was already in the oven. Amanda made the cupcakes all by herself from scratch and they were yummy! We made a whipping cream icing (frosting) by adding icing sugar (powdered sugar) and a bit of vanilla essence and yellow food coloring.






Jessica, Amanda, Samantha, and me


***************************

Here's a peek at
my latest post
on 1camera1mom:

Buffelsfontein Game Reserve - Part 3



***************************

My Latest Book Posts:


Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Stories: Cute Thanksgiving Stories for Kids and Thanksgiving Jokes by [Amon, Uncle]

Follow Me on Instagram!



A post shared by Tina Morley (@tinarobmorley) on

*********************

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up any family friendly post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • And, I'd love it if you could share about this hop on social media.
The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


This is a weekly Wordless Wednesday blog hop.


*********************

*** If you want to comment, then please make sure this page's permalink loads as http and not https! Also, my blog is hosted by Blogger, which uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. And, it's best viewed in Google Chrome. ***

*********************

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena