Tuesday, January 14, 2020

A Christmas Feast and a Linky


Almost every Christmas holiday we spend it with my in-laws at their beachfront home. We are blessed by the pristine location, good food, and family time. My mother-in-law always puts on a feast and the grandkids take turns assisting her in the kitchen. The photos begin with breakfast, then the appetizer, followed by the main meal, and ending with dessert.

The kids got some new clothes for Christmas, which they modeled for me. Amanda also got the complete Narnia series with colorful illustrations bound in one hardcover book by her brother, Jeremiah. He has fond memories of me reading all seven books to them (the three big kids) when they were young. Amanda has already started it, but I have assured him that I will read to her too.

The summer holiday has come to an end for Amanda. It began December 4 and ended today. Tomorrow she starts Grade 6. It's supposed to get to 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but will feel like 104, and there isn't any central air-conditioning. Last year her class was the only one not to even have a fan! Hopefully tomorrow won't be too tough. We will only know who her teacher is and who is in her class tomorrow. There are 2 English classes and 2 Afrikaans classes for every grade. The kids have to learn both languages, but they get taught in their preferred language. Amanda learns British spelling, but I usually stick to American on my blog, since I am American and most of my readers are from the States.

























***************************

Here's a peek at
my latest post
on 1camera1mom:

Christmas Day at the Beach




***************************


My Latest Book Reviews:


Fae Hunter

Fae Hunter (Tangled Fae Book 1) by [Wilson, Sarah K. L.]

Follow Me on Instagram!


*********************

Come link up your Wordless Wednesday
(with or without words) or any picture post
at this Picture Perfect Party Linky.
Join me on this fun and easy blog hop!


I would love for you to follow me on
and
Follow on Bloglovin

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow me on one or more links above or via email.
  • Link-up any family friendly post with a picture and follow as many new blogs as you like.
  • If possible, copy the button code below and add it on your linked post or blog's side-bar.
  • And, I'd love it if you could share about this hop on social media.
The Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

*********************

*** If you want to comment, then please make sure this page's permalink loads as http and not https! Also, my blog is hosted by Blogger, which uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. And, it's best viewed in Google Chrome. ***

*********************

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena