Thursday, June 7, 2012

7 Things About Me that You Probably Don’t Know

This Beautiful Blogger Award comes via Marge at Inside Out Cafe. She has an awesome blog with lots of helpful information. Go and check it out. I know you won't regret it!

In order to accept the award, I have to tell you 7 things about me and list 7 other bloggers who have inspired me and say why. If you would like the Beautiful Blogger Award, then follow the same steps and copy the icon and paste it in your post. Don't forget to add a link back to me. Go ahead and share in the fun!

Here are 7 things about me that you probably don't know:

1. For several years I’ve wanted Disney to make an animated version of the Sound of Music and for me to be the voice of Maria. I know, it’s a lofty thought, but I’ve loved the Sound of Music since my childhood and I do sing. I’m also part Austrian (my mother was a baroness by birth), so I feel a kinship to the von Trapp family.

2. I have 4 children, but my husband and I want 5. When I was a teenager, I wanted to adopt and I still do. This was inspired by my trip to Romania. I had heard a Romanian pastor tell about his childhood, how his mother had died and his father had left him to the care of the government. In 1998 I wrote a poem about Romania’s orphans and an English woman named Beverly who had worked among them.

3. My husband says that I talk to my 4-year-old like she’s a teenager and to my teenage kids and their friends like they are 4-year-olds.

4. I love reading. Some of my favorite books were written for children. Here are 4 award-winning children’s novels with important life-lessons: I am David (also known as North to Freedom), written in 1963 by Anne Holm; The Diddakoi, written in 1972 by Rumer Godden; Goodnight Mister Tom, written in 1981 by Michelle Magorian; The Wind Singer, written in 2000 by William Nicholson and is part of the Wind on Fire Trilogy.

5. My middle name is Allison and means “truthful warrior maid.”

6. Symbolic pictures or prophetic words that others have seen regarding me (and these people did not know my middle name or its meaning): a warrior, a battleship, a woman on a horse wielding two swords and slaying demons on either side, sweet custard (similar to vanilla pudding and yes, it is funny), an advocate standing between two pillars, a rainbow with a unique color not seen on earth, a beautiful butterfly and wherever it lands it brings sparkling colors out in others.

7. I had hoped that when I turned 30, it would be a magic age in my life ushering in new things. I am now 37 and still living in the same small town with very few real friendships (I need some kindred spirits!). The only big differences are that I privately recorded a CD (which did not open any doors for me), gave birth to my 4th child (she is absolutely adorable), moved into a bigger home (it even has a pool), and this year I stepped out and began my own blogs (I kind of went crazy and started 4 blogs and share a 5th one with my husband).

Here are 7 blogs that have inspired me:

The 1st 4 are lovely bloggers who I have met in my short blogging career and who have already extended a hand of friendship to me. The last 3 are beautiful blogs that encourage other blogging moms.

  1. Women Walking in the Spirit of Christ
  2. Shortybear’s Place
  3. Great Family Fun
  4. The Chic Stay at Home Mom
  5. Far Above Rubies
  6. Cindy Adkins’ Whimsical Musings
  7. Denise in Bloom

19 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    Thank you so much!! and I love your seven thoughts, too!!! Also, I didn't realize that your little girl's name is Amanda--that's the name of my new children's book!! (But, I'm sure you noticed that!)
    Thank you so much for this wonderful honor~xo Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! Yes, my husband and I did see your book and it looks really cute! I need to find out how to read an e-book without a Kindle. You have a lot of creative energy!

      Blessings,
      Tina

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much!! I have appreciated your friendship as well! Reading your seventh fact is so humbling. I'll be 30 in a couple years and I also have this list of things I'd like to do. Now I'm thinking that's not really necessary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, but at the same time, never give up on your dreams... and sometimes we are living dreams we never knew we had. Enjoy the journey friend!

      Tina

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much Cindy. It is an honor to be listed on your blog and to know that you have thought about me! God bless you greatly sis, as you have been a true blessing to me and a GREAT encouragement to me. Your encouragement inspires me to keep on pressing forward in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, this is very sweet of you. Thanks so much! Also, I never had sisters, so it's nice finding kindred spirits!

      Blessings to you!
      Tina

      Delete
  4. I loved #1! That would make an awesome animated film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! Now we just need to tell Disney! That's the hard part.

      Have a fantastic weekend!

      Tina

      Delete
    2. Kate, What's your blog site? I couldn't find it when I clicked your image. I only found blogs that you follow and a humorous short profile about you and your family.

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO much for your note!!! I am goin to get this fixed as quickly as possible...I didn't have your email, so I wanted to leave you a note here...thanks a million for everything!!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helped. I'm never sure if people want feedback or not. Feel free to do the same with me! :)

      I read your book to my daughter this morning. I'm preparing a post about it right now!

      Thank you for your friendship!

      Delete
  6. I so agree with the Sound of Music as an animated film! That would be amazing!! We recently went to Salzburg to go on the Sound of Music tour and it was incredible!! Quite possibly the most beautiful place I have ever visited!! And of course the music on the tour was AMAZING!! Best movie ever!:) My poor husband was not as excited as I was though, but he did well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, it's beautiful there! That sounds like an interesting tour. They played the songs from the Sound of Music? Someone once said that they way to even have a chance at Disney movies is to get famous first. LOL! So, I have no way of telling them about my great idea. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Christina, I found you on the blog hop. what an interesting post. I love hearing little details about blogger's lives. And I would love to hear how you manage all your blogs with such a full life. When do you do your posts?
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss blog-the decision that changed my life)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie! I'm now following your blog and liked you one FB. I've got two FB pages...

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amandas-Books-and-More/373460266024894

      https://www.facebook.com/lightandlifebibleministries

      Please like them back! I'm also following you on Pinterest and I think I also clicked Twitter. I really enjoyed your latest posts on both your blogs!

      When do I write? My best time is early morning, but that's not a good time to post them, because my audience is mostly USA, so I try to post later in the day and at night even.

      Delete
  8. Hi from Richly Middle Class. I am coming over from The Friday Hop. Have an awesome Friday. Please come check us out as well.



    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cynthia! I couldn't find your site. It took me to a social link. Please type it for me and I'll definitely visit.

      Take care!

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful way to put yourself out there and share some cool things about yourself. For #1 I wish I could sing well enough to star in a movie. So far I sing well enough to star in my own reality tv show that takes place at my house only or car. #2. I've always wanted to adopt too. #3 hahahaha #7 It's fun to think back and remember the "when I'm so and so age what I'll be doing" thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment! I hope you have a great Sunday and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena