In order to accept the award, I have to tell you 7 things about me and list 7 other bloggers who have inspired me and say why. If you would like the Beautiful Blogger Award, then follow the same steps and copy the icon and paste it in your post. Don't forget to add a link back to me. Go ahead and share in the fun!
Here are 7 things about me that you probably don't know:1. For several years I’ve wanted Disney to make an animated version of the Sound of Music and for me to be the voice of Maria. I know, it’s a lofty thought, but I’ve loved the Sound of Music since my childhood and I do sing. I’m also part Austrian (my mother was a baroness by birth), so I feel a kinship to the von Trapp family.
2. I have 4 children, but my husband and I want 5. When I was a teenager, I wanted to adopt and I still do. This was inspired by my trip to Romania. I had heard a Romanian pastor tell about his childhood, how his mother had died and his father had left him to the care of the government. In 1998 I wrote a poem about Romania’s orphans and an English woman named Beverly who had worked among them.
3. My husband says that I talk to my 4-year-old like she’s a teenager and to my teenage kids and their friends like they are 4-year-olds.
4. I love reading. Some of my favorite books were written for children. Here are 4 award-winning children’s novels with important life-lessons: I am David (also known as North to Freedom), written in 1963 by Anne Holm; The Diddakoi, written in 1972 by Rumer Godden; Goodnight Mister Tom, written in 1981 by Michelle Magorian; The Wind Singer, written in 2000 by William Nicholson and is part of the Wind on Fire Trilogy.
5. My middle name is Allison and means “truthful warrior maid.”
6. Symbolic pictures or prophetic words that others have seen regarding me (and these people did not know my middle name or its meaning): a warrior, a battleship, a woman on a horse wielding two swords and slaying demons on either side, sweet custard (similar to vanilla pudding and yes, it is funny), an advocate standing between two pillars, a rainbow with a unique color not seen on earth, a beautiful butterfly and wherever it lands it brings sparkling colors out in others.
7. I had hoped that when I turned 30, it would be a magic age in my life ushering in new things. I am now 37 and still living in the same small town with very few real friendships (I need some kindred spirits!). The only big differences are that I privately recorded a CD (which did not open any doors for me), gave birth to my 4th child (she is absolutely adorable), moved into a bigger home (it even has a pool), and this year I stepped out and began my own blogs (I kind of went crazy and started 4 blogs and share a 5th one with my husband).