Friday, March 18, 2016

Bougainvillea and a #LinkyParty

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #167!


On Good Friday, 1camera1mom (my travel blog) will be 4 years old! I originally began the blog as a place to share photos and photo tips. It wasn't long before I realized that it would be a great platform to share about our travels and the region where we live. There's so much to see and do in this corner of the world that I never run out of content to blog about and plenty of neat photos to share. In 2013 we went to Florida to visit family and so there's a good section on Florida too.

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on my photos to see them at their best!

Bougainvillea in full sun

Bougainvillea in full sun

Today's post is inspired by the humble beginnings of 1camera1mom. I'm sharing a set of four bougainvillea shots, two were taken in full sun and two were taken on a cloudy day. Taking photos in full sun is always tricky, because you end up with sharp shadows and bright spots. You can see for yourself the affect the sun had on the first two and the lack of sun on the second two. You might prefer the full sun photos, because they do appear brighter. When it comes to taking pictures of people, though, I'd recommend not having them stand in full sun for your shot. However, some automatic cameras will flash, in that case, to try and eliminate those shadows.

Bougainvillea on a cloudy day

Bougainvillea on a cloudy day


Please continue to pray for rain! I heard that by next week we won't be allowed to water our gardens at all. We were given permission for one hour twice a week, but that translated to 10 minutes a section, because we have a big garden in front and back. I can't imagine what will happen to our plants if we can't even give that. The grass has died and some plants too, but it would be hard to watch more go. By the way, it's autumn and still quite warm in South Africa.

If you are looking for more photo tips, then I highly recommend you visit my friend, Mary Denman, who has a great Photo Tip Friday every week on her blog.

Mary Denman


Here's another coloring page completed!

The Love of a Mom
John 13:34




*********************


Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena