Friday, January 15, 2016

Pets from the Pound with #Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #158!

My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to view them larger.



Welcome to the first Make My Saturday Sweet of 2016! On Tuesday, I posted photos of Pets at the Beach with my in-laws' cats included. They adopted their two kitties from an animal shelter in December 2003. Today's post is for all the dogs and cats sitting in pounds around the world waiting to find their forever-homes. Over the years, we have adopted pets from the pound too.

Jessica with her grandparents' kittens,
December 2003 (photo by Robbie)

Timmy and Tammy
now in their senior years
December 2015



Our son has been volunteering during his holiday at the local animal shelter. (He's in the photo below.) They had an outreach earlier this week where they educated pet owners, dipped 47 dogs, de-wormed 51 dogs and gave out 50 kg of dog food. "The best things in life are rescued," was written on the back of their T-shirts.

Here's the link to the video:
Animal Welfare Outreach
Check out the video on Facebook!


Image from Animal Welfare Society
Facebook Page


*********************

Latest Book Blast:

This Little President
with a $25 Giveaway!




*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link parties I take part in.

1 comments:

  1. Awwww...such sweet babies! All of our pets are rescues although none of them came from a shelter. Thanks for sharing these cuties with us at Photo Friday!

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena