Friday, January 29, 2016

Nurturing Joy with Weekend #Linky

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #160!


My blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to view them larger.



Nurturing Joy

I was a contributing author in a free eBook for moms about three years ago. The book was called Nurturing Joy, but I think it's no longer available. I've tried a couple of the links from the original blogger, Becky McCleery, who put the project together, but I kept getting a blank page. I do, however, still have my answers to the questions that I chose and I've included a few of them below.

When do you feel most fully alive?

I feel most fully alive when I’m inspiring others. I’ve taught on different levels, including as an English teacher to high school students and a Bible teacher to missionaries, but teaching on its own isn’t enough. Sometimes people get stuck in life and I like to help “un-stick” them. I try to motivate people to widen their horizons and to strive for excellence in all that they do.

I also feel most fully alive when I’m engaging in my talents and hobbies. I could never be satisfied with being a housewife or stay-at-home mom, because these roles aren’t the only ones that define me. I have a need to embrace all of who I am. One way that I do this is through blogging. When I’m blogging, I get to celebrate my life and my family, use my talents, and inspire others.

What have you learned about joy from your child?

My youngest child, Amanda, is a very intuitive child and has taught me many things in her five years of life, including the joy of sharing. If she is eating something nice and one of us asks for a piece, then she will gladly share. She’ll even go around and offer pieces to the rest of us. Sometimes, I’ve tried to dissuade her, reminding her that we are a big family and that there will be less for her, but she finds more joy in sharing. I’m not like that. When it comes to treats, I used to share begrudgingly, but now I’m changing.

Is there any other wisdom or advice you would like to share with moms who are looking to experience joy and celebrate more on a daily basis?

Every member of the family needs to be celebrated and bad attitudes or mean words should not be tolerated in the home. Our homes should be a haven. We all experience trials in life, but joy needn’t be elusive. Showing kindness, love and a grateful heart are good foundations to experiencing joy.




I have linked this post with
the Soaring With Jesus
linky party.


*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link parties I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena