Friday, September 8, 2017

3 Fabulous Fantasy Novels and More!

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #235!


Before I get to the fantasy novels, I have sailboat photos and a poem to share, which are all by me. Little Amanda is even in one of the pics. The poem fits with my choice of today's books that have a nautical theme as well as romance in them. Also, my weekend linky is up and running once again. Thanks for your patience!

This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the images to see them at their best!





What is love?
But a powerful emotion
It rushes in
And sets things in motion
It can’t be quenched
By the mightiest ocean
So don’t play with love

For everything
There is a time and season
God’s laws
Are there for a reason
Don’t awaken love
Before it’s time
Or it could become
Tomorrow’s thrown-out dime

Love comes around once
It can come around twice
But be careful
Are you willing to pay its price?
It can level whatever stands in its path
Resembling the force of wrath
So don’t play with love

Christina A. Morley




*********************

3 Fabulous Fantasy
Novels with a
Nautical Theme!

Click on the titles below
for more information.


Air and Ash - Book 1
by Alex Lidell

Air and Ash: TIDES Book 1 by [Lidell, Alex]

My Review:

Air and Ash was one of my favorite reads this year! I even went back and re-read sections and I kept re-visiting scenes in my mind for weeks afterwards. The characters were colorful, the magic and adventure was suspenseful, and the romantic bits made my heart flutter. Well done, Alex Lidell! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.


Burning Bright - Book 1
by Melissa McShane

Burning Bright (The Extraordinaries Book 1) by [McShane, Melissa]

My Review:

Burning Bright is a fascinating historical fiction novel with plenty of magical elements and clean romance. The characters are complex and likable. Vivid descriptions draw the reader into the story, so that you really experience the excitement and adventure. The ending was phenomenal. It can be read as a stand-alone, even thought it is part of a series. I'm certainly looking forward to reading more from this talented author!


Pirate's Vengeance - Book 1
by LJ Andrews

Pirate's Vengeance (The Djinn Kingdom Series Book 1) by [Andrews, LJ]

My Review:

Pirate's Vengeance is an exciting seafaring (or perhaps more like airfaring) tale that conjures up in my mind images of Pirates of the Caribbean and Treasure Planet. There are bucket-loads of adventure, plenty of bad guys, elements of magic, a splattering of romance, and fabulous world-building. I loved the protagonist, Nova, who teeters on the edge of becoming a villain herself as she tries to outsmart and outmaneuver the truly nasty characters. I can't wait to find out what happens next in the series!

*********************

Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky


Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link-ups I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena