Friday, June 17, 2016

My Friend's Fundraiser with #LinkyParty

Welcome to my weekend blog hop -
Make My Saturday Sweet #178!


This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome.
Click on the photos to see them at their best!

Today I want to introduce you to a friend of ours whom we met at Youth With A Mission (YWAM), South Africa, a few years ago. She's now living in Portland, Oregon, as a full-time missionary and we still keep in touch. Her name is Portia and she's got a fundraiser on the go. She explains it best, so keep on reading!

From Portia
I am passionate about seeing positive change come to the lives of the most vulnerable in society. Since joining the team at Loom International, where we work with a wide range of different community development projects aimed at vulnerable women and children, I have become aware that my earlier training is not enough. Granted, I have had the privilege of using my accounting knowledge here and on the field (I studied accounting before I became a missionary), I find that by and large I am handling issues that I am ill-equipped for.

That is why I am now pursuing an MA in Global Development and Justice. This MA is perfectly suited to what I am doing and what I hope to pursue in the future. Please sponsor me as I seek to raise $10,000 towards my tuition fees. I am slowly building stamina for my sponsored 10k run (July 23rd - Sunset on the Springwater). I will still work full-time and study part-time. Finally, it may interest you to know that I have the full support of Loom International.

What is Loom International?
Loom International brings people, resources, training and information together for the benefit of women and children at risk. We are committed to bring change by working with others in hope and interdependence.



Click Here to Sponsor Me!


Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly
with Your God - Micah 6:8


*********************


Make My Saturday Sweet is a weekend blog hop for all family friendly blogs. You are welcome to link your favorite post from the past week(s) and to visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment. It's a really easy and fun way to make new friends and to catch up on old acquaintances.

Now on to my blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!

Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!

If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to
link them on my Blog Hops page!

I would love for you to follow me on

Here are the easy rules:
  • Follow Tina (your host) on one or more links listed above.
  • Link up a post from your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your post or side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit the last link before yours and leave a sweet comment.
Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

Weekend Linky

This is a blog hop!



Visit my Blog Hops page to see
what link-ups I take part in.

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena