Friday, May 17, 2013

Make My Saturday Sweet #37

Today I'm linking with two Friday hops!
And, don't forget to link your blog at
the bottom on my blog hop!


When I was younger, I wanted to……

own a candy store. I loved imagining being surrounded by all the colorful sweets and seeing the wonder and joy on children’s faces. For me, a candy store was one of the happiest places to spend your days. It wouldn’t feel like work at all and I’d sample the tasty treats whenever I wanted to.

I still remember what house we were living in when I day-dreamed about my candy store, so I would have been around 10 years old at the time. It was a step up from a lemonade stand, something I also did in those days. Believe it or not, people stopped their cars and bought lemonade in those days. I was thrilled to make a bit of money and to see the smiles on the adults’ faces.



It's Children's Book Week and the theme for Friendship Friday
is on childhood books, favorite authors and your children's
favorite books.

When I was younger, I didn't have many children's books around
me. I couldn't read in English either, so that didn't help.
English was my home language, but the school I attended from
the end of Kindergarten to part of Grade 3 was a German school
in Germany. My dad was stationed there in the American Army in
the JAG Corps. My mom was half Austrian and spoke German and
I had a grandfather and grandmother who were living in Germany.
My parents decided that my brother and I would be better off
learning the language if we went to the closest German school
instead of the even closer American school.

Later on, from about Grade 5 and onward, I began reading avidly.
One of my favorite novels in my teen years was Jane Eyre.

As I began reading for my own children, we went through the
Narnia series by C.S. Lewis. That was great fun for all of us,
but sometimes my then youngest child, Samantha, got a bit lost
with the characters.

Amanda, my youngest who is now 5, has many children's books
available to her. More than half of her library are books
from her siblings when they were younger. Amanda enjoys
looking at all of them.

Make sure you check out the Kid Lit Giveaway Hop!
I have teamed up with the author of a really neat
Mermaid eBook and we are giving 5 away! Also,
on the linky list there are many other giveaways
for this Children's Book Week. So, don't miss out!



Now on to the blog hop...

Amanda’s Books and More

It's time for another Make My Saturday Sweet blog hop!
Join me (your host) for this fun and easy hop.
All family friendly blogs are welcome!


If you host your own blog hop(s), then feel free to link them on my Blog Hops page!


I would love for you to follow me on

Follow on Bloglovin


Leave me a comment with your link and I will follow back!


Here are the easy rules:

  • Follow Tina (your host) @ Amanda's Books and More.
  • Link up your family friendly blog.
  • Please try to add my hop button on your most recent post or on your side-bar.
  • Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
  • Visit at least the last two blogs before your link and leave a comment.
  • Follow any new blogs that you like.

Blog Button Code:

Amanda’s Books and More

This is a blog hop!

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena