1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup cake flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 egg, beaten
1 cup plain low-fat yoghurt (yogurt)
¼ cup sunflower oil
1. Preheat oven to 180 C (356 F). Lightly grease a baking tray and dust with a little cake flour.
2. Mix flours and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Beat egg, yoghurt (yogurt) and oil together.
3. Stir egg mixture into the flour until it just forms a soft dough. (The trick to light scones/biscuits is not to over mix/overwork the dough.)
4. Gently press dough out onto a lightly floured surface to about 2 cm (about 1 inch) thick. Take care not to handle the dough too much.
5. Cut out scones using a small cookie cutter or water glass. (Hubby went slightly larger and he doubled the recipe too.) Dip the cutter or glass in extra flour if necessary.
6. Place scones on baking tray. The left-over dough can be pressed together and cut into more scones.
7. Bake for 15-20 min. or until golden brown and cooked.
Makes 12 small scones/biscuits
Now, on to the blog hop...
Welcome all of you wonderful bloggers to Tina and Tricia's blog hop, Make My Saturday Sweet (M.M.S.S.)! I hope that here we will all make new friends and find new followers and have fun doing it!
Here are our easy rules:
- Follow me (Tina), your host and Tricia, your co-host (links 1 and 2). If you leave a comment and your URL, we'll be sure to follow back as long as you have a family friendly blog.
- Grab the button below and add it to your most recent post or on your side-bar.
- Share about this hop on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
- Follow at least three new blogs and tell them you found them through this hop. Hopefully, they will follow back!