Friday, August 3, 2012

Preschool Olympics

I've had a very busy day. When I got to my blog, I discovered that it was in a mess! Something was wrong with the template! I don't design templates and I don't know much about codes. It was a panic moment.

My hubby prayed for me and soon after that I discovered that my new blog hop button had made it to my top 10 popular posts. I decided to see if that was the problem, so I went to Layout, changed my top 10 to top 8, bumping it off the list, and voila!... the template went back to normal. What a relief! Now if it makes it to the top 8, I'll have to shorten my list again, so no more page views on that post! Hahaha! Don't worry; I do want the page views. I'll find a way around it if I have to.

So, you might be aware that I had said I would be doing a series on my marriage. I began with My Husband is a Martian - Part 1. I do want to continue with it, but to write it well, I need more time. Keep a look out for Part 2 in the near future!

Today my daughter participated in her first Olympics… at preschool! The teacher had invited the parents to come and watch. I was the first parent to arrive, bringing my camera with. (I was the 1 camera 1 mom at the event. Hahaha!) Later, one other mother also came to watch. The teacher put in a lot of effort, so it’s too bad there weren’t more spectators.

It was one hour of fun in the winter sun. Yes, we have winter here in South Africa and the kids are all in the middle of their school year!

The kids walked onto the field each carrying an Olympic torch. All the little Olympians took part in all three events. They had a stick-horse race, a bounce race and a foot race. Amanda was the winner in her group bounce race. At the end, all the kids received a coconut and chocolate flavored “gold” medal, a fantastic ending to a fantastic event. Amanda is fortunate to have such a pro-active teacher.

Amanda carrying her Olympic torch.

The stick-horse race.

The bounce race.

There's the teacher in the background.
Here Amanda is winning!

The foot race. On your marks, get set... go!

And their off!

Everyone was a winner!

7 comments:

  1. Too cute! I was wondering where you lived until you said South Africa...it's differentially cold there at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candice! Thanks for popping in for a visit and leaving a comment! I will be praying for you guys and your father-in-law. It's wonderful how God turns our mistakes (like your paid vacation that had to be cancelled) around for good. Family time is precious and a gift from God. :)

      God bless!
      My poetry blog: http://considertheliliespoetry.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Hello Christina,

    Happy Saturday Sharefest. I'm obviously visiting from SITS. This is my first time in your blog and just by reading your Intro I know you have a great story to tell. My cousin just finished her stay in Cape Town, where she attended graduate school.

    Amanda is just precious. I love when schools use a current event and turn it into a positive and learning activity for our kids at school. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silvina! That's cool that your cousin could study here. C.T. has a beautiful campus and setting. Did she manage to fit in and enjoy her time?

      I've sent one of your posts to my FB page about social media and FB "when your husband defriends you" That's funny! Was it also stressful? I see you have cross-cultural experience in life, marriage and (I think) studies. I've just begun a series on "my husband is a martian." :)

      Delete
  3. Visiting from SITS - this looks like a blast! I also think it would be fun to do a Nursery Rhyme Olympics to continue the Olympic Fun after the season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun:) Thanks for dropping by my site. Im your newest follower!!! Have a great Sunday:)

    Tori
    www.lilmrstori.com

    ReplyDelete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena