Sunday, August 12, 2012

What Do You Do When Your Kids are Sick?

You might notice that something is different here at Amanda’s Books and More. Well, the template was giving me trouble. I decided that it would be best to change it with something more reliable. It could be that the code for my new blog hop buttons was the problem. I’m going to look into that, but I’m a novice at these things. Something went wrong with my template for 1camera1mom also. Now, two of my blogs have new templates. I let Amanda choose the background for this one. This blog is about her, after all. I hope you like it. I’d love for you to leave me a comment and tell me what you think.

The girls in our family, including me, have come down with a cold. My daughters have had flu symptoms as well. Here are some photos of Amanda with me during a previous illness that she had.

Here I was soaking her feet in warm garlic water. I don’t know if it helped, but I was willing to give it a try. I kept her entertained by reading to her. The book that she’s holding in the photo to the right is called, Little One, God Made You, written by Amy Warren Hilliker, illustrated by Carol Thompson and published by Zonderkidz.

The book that she’s holding in the photo to the left is called, Who’s Dinner?, illustrated by Kaz Lammie and published by Bright Sparks. At the end of the book, it refers to us as being animals. I believe we were created in the image of God and that we are not animals. So, I asked Amanda what we are called. I didn't expect her to know, so I was surprised when she answered, "Human." She certainly is a bright spark.

I also took her outside to sit in the sun for a few minutes. You can’t tell by the smile of her face, but she was really sick those days.


2 comments:

  1. I really like the new template! I never saw the old template, but I definitely like this one! It makes it seem like a fun, carefree blog. So sorry your girls are sick- that's the worst! :(

    Just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! I've enjoyed getting to know you better- you seem like such a fun person. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bon! I'm glad you like it! I'm also glad you left a comment, because it gave me the opportunity to find your blog. I'm now following back with GFC and liked you on FB. I also noticed that this post had some sentences repeated, so I took care of that.

      Hubby and I are now quite ill. Our bodies hurt and between the kids and I, we've used up all the tissues, so I'm typing with a roll of toilet paper next to my laptop. Ugh!

      Have a great week and hopefully a much healthier one!

      Delete

© 2011 Amanda's Books and More, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena